Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm Back!!!

   Yeah, I know. I'm a terrible blogger. It's been a ridiculously long time since I last wrote, but I'm hoping to get back on track.
   I'll start with Christmas, since I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how that went. First of all, I think they did celebrate Christmas in China to an extent. According to Henry, they had a Christmas tree and one of the older boys would dress up as Santa. But (the communication is still a little tough, so a lot of this is just patched together) there didn't seem to be any gift giving, and he certainly didn't know the story behind it all. I could tell you how happy he was, but I think a picture is more appropriate :)
   I think the thing that helped him understand Christmas the most was our church's live nativity. That was when it sunk in all of a sudden. He turned to Mom. "This Jesus birthday?"                                            
He handled Christmas morning very well. He was very grateful. Every time he was handed a present, he would say, "Oh my goodness! More? Too much!" He didn't protest to mush though, this just seemed to be his way of saying thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment